Round Rock, Texas
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
Competition is a great way for members to bolster their knowledge of the medical field and fulfill their passions for particular subjects/skills. Competitions also enable members to network and build connections with HOSA members from chapters all over the area, state, and nation and thus grow closer to the members within our own chapter. Additionally, competition is a great addition to one's college resume and scholarships are even available to the winners of certain competitions/recognition events.
At the State Leadership Conference in Spring 2022:
- 19 members placed first
Events included: Parliamentary Procedure, Community Awareness, Creative Problem Solving, Forensic Science, Biomedical Lab Science, Medical Reading, Medical Terminology, Cultural Diversity, and Human Growth & Development
- 1 member placed second
Event: Prepared Speaking
- 1 member placed fifth
Event: Behavioral Health
- 3 members received the top award for the Healthcare Issues Exam
- 1 member received the Barbara Jordan Service Award
- 2 members received scholarships
Every HOSA member has the opportunity to participate in one competitive event and one recognition event each academic year. All of our possible competitions are listed above, along with their locations, in chronological order. Texas HOSA competes at the State and International levels.
- For competitive events, the top five competitors are awarded, but only the top three can advance to the next level of competition.
- For recognition events, the recognition received varies. Please see the "competitions and guidelines" link located to the right for detailed information.
If you are interested in competing and are curious about all of the regulations/rules, lists of events, dress codes, resources etc. please visit our helpful links located to the right! You can also contact our competitions director, Lianna Villarreal (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.